Coronavirus Help & Information
In the light of the Government coronavirus advice on Friday 20 March and with our customers' health and wellbeing our number one priority, we temporarily closed the doors of Great House Hotel. We will be running a takeaway food service but our accommodation, bar and restaurant are also now closed until further notice.
For all clients with existing bookings, we will be in touch directly to offer different options for you. We will contact guests in date order, so please bear with us during this trying time.
We will keep in constant contact with our strong community across our Facebook and Instagram social media channels. Please do follow us on social media on if you are not already, for our latest updates.
We hope to be back up and running as soon as it is safe to do so. In the meantime, stay safe, follow Public Health England advice and we wish you all our most heartfelt best wishes to you and yours.
Great House Hotel
What are your cancellation policies?
Great House Hotel is now closed. Please contact us to discuss your options, including moving your booking to a later date. Any cases of cancellation due to “Disinclination to travel” will be subject to our cancellation policies. Please view our FAQs for details of our cancellation policies for the Hotel.
How can I protect myself from Coronavirus?
We advise you to follow all applicable travel and personal hygiene advice, including from Public Health England and the World Health Organisation:
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water or a disinfectant, especially after coughing and sneezing, before handling and consuming food
- Use disposable tissues when coughing or sneezing and dispose of used tissues carefully and promptly
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell and avoid sharing personal items
- Public Health England (PHE) recommends against using masks outside clinical settings. Should you decide to use a mask, you should ensure you continue to use all the recommended precautions in order to minimise the risk of transmission
- Avoid unnecessary, unprotected contact with live animals and make sure you wash hands thoroughly after contact with an animal
For more health and well being advice visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
How can I be kept up to date?
Please call us on 01656 657 644 if you have any further questions.